Kensal Green Cemetery opened in 1833 as London’s first purpose-built garden cemetery. It provided a successful model for another six large cemeteries that eventually encircled the capital and became known as the Magnificent Seven. It contains two chapels, one for Anglicans and one for Dissenters, the North Terrace Catacomb and a Triumphal Arch entrance, besides the country’s largest collection of listed monuments. A rich array of wildlife populates its 72 acres and its atmospheric avenues are much used for filming. Kensal Green is the final resting place of scores of notable people and is the only public cemetery containing royalty.
14/06/2018 11:00 - 13:00
Books & Courses Search
Search our catalogue and buy securely online.