Hints & Tips
The Society of Genealogists hints and tips will help you get the most out of your family history - with explanations of how to use records and sources and guides to where to find help.
- Help getting started with genealogy
- Hints & Tips
- Hints & Tips One: Top 10 Tips for Starting Your Family History
- Hints & Tips Two: Genealogy or Family History? What's the Difference?
- Hints & Tips Three: Surname Searching at the SoG and Elsewhere. What's Been Done Before?
- Hints & Tips Four: Genealogy as a Career
- Hints & Tips Five: Standards and Good Practice in Genealogy
- Hints & Tips Six: Employing a Professional Genealogist
- Hints & Tips Seven: The Right to Arms
- Hints & Tips Eight: What Should You do if Approached by Heir Hunters?
- Hints & Tips Nine: London Research
- Hints & Tips Ten: Palaeography Part 1: How to Create Abstracts from Old Documents
- Hints & Tips Eleven Palaeography Part 2: Reading Secretary Hand
- Hints & Tips Twelve: How to Get the Best Results from FamilySearch
- Hints & Tips Thirteen: How to Get the Best Results from the IGI
- Hints & Tips Fourteen: Finding and Downloading PCC Wills from the National Archives Website
- Hints & Tips Fifteen: Fact or Fiction? How to Analyse Your Research
- Hints & Tips Sixteen: Writing Genealogical Reports
- Distance Learning Courses
- Ask an Expert
- Share Your Knowledge
- Make Connections
- Professional Researchers
- Who Do You Think You Are? Live 2013 Speakers Handouts
- Census Detectives
- Who Do You Think You Are? Live 2014