Become a Member Join up with other people that share your interests in genealogy and family history. Our Members have access to exclusive benefits and discounts.
Benefits for all Members Our wonderful online knowledge base and catalogue plus the experience of family history experts are available to all our Members.
Free access to:
- our online community Hub.
- our online catalogue, SoGData Online
- our online Learning Zone, with online tutorials and courses.
- our online Advanced Guides and Hints and Tips.
- our online quarterly Genealogists’ Magazine
Free expert advice:
- using our dedicated family history phone line.
- one-to-one, half hour sessions, held in our Library.
- 20% when you book a SoG course, lecture, walk or visit.
- 50% when you book an online SoG event
- 10% when you buy one of our Society's publications.
- 25% when you use our Search-and-Copy service.
- when you buy a subscription to Findmypast.
- on your first year's subscription to the Jewish Genealogical Society of Great Britain.
Become an Associate Member (annual subscription £56) If you do most of your research online and find it difficult to visit us in London, then becoming an Associate Member gives you all the benefits and discounts listed above.
If you do visit our Library in London, you are entitled to a 50% discount on a full-day or half-day Visitors Pass
Become a Full Member (annual subscription £80) If you want to visit us regularly, becoming a Full Member gives you the chance to make full use of our truly magnificent Library and Archive. In addition to the benefits listed above, you receive:
- A Membership Card that gives you free entry when you visit us in London.
- Free use, when you’re in our Library, of the main pay-per-view or subscription family history websites.
- Free opportunities to borrow some items from our Library, if you are resident in the UK.
- Plus, the opportunity to join with other Members to shape our Society’s future, with full Membership voting rights and eligibility for Fellowship (subject to being nominated after the appropriate period).