The Friends of Brockley and Ladywell Cemeteries (FoBLC) will hold its annual Open Day within the cemetery to promote this beautiful, peaceful and historic Victorian landscape. There are tours of the cemetery, an exhibition on its history, its memorials, famous persons interred there, current and future conservation work and its flora and fauna. There are also local community and charity groups’ stalls, publications for sale and refreshments in the nonconformist chapel. The Society of Genealogists will also be there, stop by and visit us.
The two cemeteries – originally called Deptford and Lewisham Cemeteries – were both established in 1858 and adjoin each other. They were merged in 1965 and the main entrance is now on the Ladywell side, with a pedestrian entrance on the Brockley side...Read more