Genealogy as a Career-Exploring what it takes to Become a Professional Genealogist Course 26 January
Are you thinking that you would like to be a professional genealogical researcher? There’s nothing more satisfying than doing what you love as paid work. And, if you read the classified ads in family history magazines, you will see many others offering to do research for a fee. You might wonder how other professional researchers demonstrate that they can be trusted with someone’s research, and money.
In this course, Ian Marson covers how to plan your career – as a competent researcher, running a business. He looks at many of the issues related to actually running a genealogical practice, including:
• setting up your business;
• always following professional business methods;
• marketing your business and your specialities;
• working for clients.
Ian also looks at:
• the options you have to work towards a professional qualification;
• the advantages of becoming a member of one of the professional associations (AGRA, ASGRA or AGI).
A Half-day course on Saturday, 26 January (14:00-17:00) with Ian Marson, cost £20.00/£16.00 SoG members. Places should be pre-booked, through our website or by telephone: 020 7553 3290 (Tue-Thu & Sat). Do you have a question? email the events department.