The Society is always in need of volunteers to help with a wide range of tasks, both from home and at our premises in London. Below are some of the openings currently available. If you would like to get involved please email our Volunteer Co-ordinator Mary Timmins for more information, stating what you would like to do from the options below.
- Indexing documents. Current projects include Poll books and Oxford University graduates (see here for further details).
At the Society
- Library shelf tidying (on Mondays or Fridays).
- Cataloguing books.
- Listing of incoming Special Collections.
- Scanning documents and books on the Society’s suite of scanners. Full training will be given.
- Indexing – Coastguards Index & Apprentices of Great Britain series (see here for further details).
- Giving 30 minute one-to-one genealogy advice sessions at the Society on alternate Saturday afternoons (experienced genealogists).
- Helping the Membership Officer with photocopying, shredding, making up packs, database input, making telephone calls etc.