Volunteers’ Week 2021
1-7 June is Volunteers' Week and at this special time it’s worth recognising some of the ways our talented and enthusiastic volunteers have been contributing to the society’s work.
Our volunteers have been:
- hosting our online events program
- participating in home indexing projects in a variety of ways including managing, indexing, proofreading and checking, and assisting other indexers with their work on the SoG Volunteer Community forum
- assisting society members with their family history enquiries in the Community Hub on our website
- supporting the society's transformation program in many ways - testing new software, participating in research sessions, supporting the winding up of our offsite storage facility at Braintree, shelf checking the family histories in our collection
- carrying out digital imaging of our special collections
- supporting our library staff in the provision of services to members at our premises between lockdowns, and since the winter lockdown ended
This is by no means an exhaustive list of the ways our talented and enthusiastic volunteers have contributed.
In what has been a most extraordinary and challenging year, all the staff and trustees are most grateful for the support and help of our volunteers.